Total Pageviews

Wednesday, May 25, 2011

May 24, 2011 Letter

Dear Digest,
I have had a great week. With some baptisms and an MRI behind me the future is looking more questionable than ever. I hae sent some pictures of the baptisms. Hope you all like them. It sure did take some work to get them baptized though. No more baptisms till June 5 I think.
The MRI went well and I am waiting for the doctor in Hong Kong to tell me what he thinks I need to do. Bangkok or America? I would like to start a vote on this. Ok I am only kidding, it all depends on how bad my shoulder really is. But thank you all for the prayers. I couldn't push on without them.
This transfer is halfway over now. And when it ends I will have been out for more than 8 months. We had an exchange with the zone leaders this last Monday. One of them, Elder Egan, told me that it is time for the rising generation in the mission to step up. Always working on being better in the mission.
This country has some beautiful sights. Let me tell you what a typical day is out of the eyes of Elder Nordgren. Wake up and see pictures of your amazing family. Next you are staring at the wall working out and getting ready for the day. Then come studies. If I look up from my studies I see pictures of Christ. I see lots of Khmer writing everywhere. The back of my eyelids are dark when praying, but when I open my eyes it is always interesting to think where I am in the world. We get on our bikes and their are people everywhere. Moto bikes in the thousands. A wreck here and there, but nothing new for me. When I get 5 seconds I love to look up at the clouds. They are beautiful here. So puffy and large, but then you look in the distance and you know a big rain is coming fast. Better buy a disposable rain poncho. My eyes have seen so much in the time that I have been here. I love looking at what they can put on a moto bike. I have seen pigs, chickens, up to 6 people on one bike, and refrigerators. So often the electricity goes out and we are left in the dark with no AC. Sooner or later it comes back on though.
This country is amazing and I am glad to hae the chance to be here during this time of my life. Thank you all for supporting me and the leaders of this true church. More to come next week.
-Elder Matthew Nordgren

No comments:

Post a Comment